Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What's been happening?

Well, the blog has taken a back burner lately. Things seem to be running in full speed around here. Sure, I've had plenty of time to blog stock and do Facebook, but actually finding the the time to do a post, not happening. So, here are some a few highlights. The ongoing prep work for baby's arrival continues. I've been sewing up a storm and picking out paint colors. I've also done a bit of sewing for Abby and my neices--some pj bottoms. Jake and Abby were down for a week with the flu. This week ended with me being exhausted and having a slight emotional breakdown. After a long email to Carla, I'm feeling better. Next year, flu shots will be had by all. Jake has two Bible studies going on now, which require him to do a lot of prep work since they are both in German. I'm so proud of his German acquisition. I know he has been/is working so hard to get better and I think it is really paying off. We had our first English worship/devotional time this last Friday. For a while now we have been doing team worship totally in German, so it was nice to sing and read in our mother tongue. We had a few guests join us--fellow Christians. We are planning on doing these monthly. Jake and I have also been making plans for our furlough next summer--August and September. We'll have a new baby with us, which should make international travel, and just travel in general interesting. And finally, I had an OBGYN appointment today. She said everything looks perfect. Hoorah!!! I was totally exhausted after the 3 hour round trip, but managed to sneak in a short nap. To leave you, here is a recent pic of Abby. Not the best, but the grandparents can at least see her. Sorry, I'll try to do better.

No comments: