Sunday, February 15, 2009

I have a new love also

From the day we first looked at our apartment in Vienna, I loved it. I love the location, the amount of room we have, our neighbors and many other things. I never imagined I would be able to live in such a great place on the mission field. My vision of what we would have here was be small, dark and in the middle of a busy city. I have been so grateful for God's blessing us with our home here. When we moved in there were already kitchen cabinets and appliance here, a rare thing in Vienna, so we were happy not to have to build a kitchen from the floor up. The only think I lacked was a dishwasher. I do have a double sink, another rarity in Vienna, so doing dishes by hand has not been too bad. Last week, however, my hand washing days came to an end. Jake and Ira installed a brand new dishwasher for me. We figured with the baby coming it would be nice to have a little help in the kitchen since we'll be having more dishes with bottles, etc. I love the feeling of loading up the dirty dishes and just walking away. Another bonus is it has freed up some countertop space by not having dishes drying all over the counter. Now, hopefully, by the end of the year, I might be able to get a clothes dryer. Man have my perceptions changed since arriving here. I took for granted so many things before coming here. I am so thankful God takes care of us and blesses us more than we ever deserved.

No comments: