Tuesday, February 24, 2009

100th Post

I finally made it to my 100th post!!! Whew hoo!!! In order to celebrate, I'll have a little something for ya at the end of this post.

For Valentine's Day, Jake took his girls out to my favorite Austrian restaurant. They have the best food there. This has become our special occasion place to go. I always have the same thing, pork medallions with salami and mozzarella. Jake always has something different, but it is always good. I have been craving this place for months and finally got to feed the beast.



I made Abby a "cooker" hat and apron for her Valentine's Day gift. The poor kid had been wearing her Denver Broncos stocking cap when we cook. I think it turned out pretty cute. I would like to go on record and say that none of the following poses were coached. She's turning into such a drama girl, in the good way, most of the time. Valentine's Day isn't as big over here as in the US. There are no Valentine's parties at school or card sharing, no cute little shirts with goofy sayings on them. Flowers and chocolates are available, but I don't know how popular it is to give these to your sweetie. My sweetie did bring me some flowers, though.



One holiday that kids do celebrate at school is Faschings. To be honest, I still haven't completely figured out what this is all about. Possibly something to do with Lent and Easter, but am vague on the details. However, kids have a Fasching's party at school and dress up, sort of like Halloween. Abby dressed as Cinderella, since that's one of the costumes we had.


Part of her costume are these "glass" slippers. Abby loves them and one little girl in her class was enthralled with them as well. As we were getting ready to go the little girl was telling her mom how much she liked Abby's shoes. Abby took them off and handed them to the little girl and said she could borrow them. The mother tried to protest, but I assured her it was alright and she could just return them the next day. Abby looked at me and said, "I think that's what Jesus would want me to do, " with a big smile on her face. I was so proud of her.

Now, for the part you may have been waiting for. To celebrate the 100th post, I am giving away a chef's hat and apron set to one lucky reader. All you have to do is leave a comment on this post. The winner will be chosen at random and will have a choice of either a girl or boy set. I will choose the winner Sunday evening, Vienna time and post the winner here.

7 comments:

The McDowells said...

Cute! Hope I win! Happy 100th post!

Alisha said...

I don't usually comment because I see you all the time, but just in case I forget to tell you in person... that story about Abby and the shoes is so sweet. She really is such a sweet and caring girl. And those photos of her in her chef's outfit are adorable.

(BTW, you don't have to enter me in the contest. I just wanted to make sure and tell you how much I liked the story.)

Anonymous said...

Sure cute pictures of my grandaughter,Your nieces would love to have one of those cute little chef's outfit (hint, hint).
Abby is growing up like the speed of light. Love you miss you more

Mom

Elizabeth Mullins said...

You know my munckins would love one...If I win...I will have to pay you to make one more.

Lisa said...

So cute! Abby, the chef's outfit, the story about the shoes...I love it all! Karli would love to have one of these! What a great idea!

Andrea said...

What a sweet family! It would be neat to win a fun item and not sew it myself!

K said...

Totally, I'm in - the set looks so awesome. I enjoy keeping up with you guys even though I never comment. I'm more the stalkerish type! lol!
Kim Walden