Saturday, July 14, 2007

Home Sweet Home

Well, praise the Lord, we found a place to live!!! After a rigorous search the Haskews will soon have a new place to call home. Tonight, we went and looked at an apartment we had seen previously and decided it was just right for us. I am so thrilled!!! It is a nice size with two small terraces and a courtyard where Abby and Daisy can play. It is a little bit outside of town, but it feels great to me. We even drove by a hay field on our way. Yes, I said drove. We rented a car this weekend for the express purpose of driving around the area to check it out. Anyway, the apartment is in a small building with 7 other apartments, I think. We will be located on a quiet street very near a nature area with walking/biking trails. Thanks to all who prayed for us to find just the right place.
We have been pretty busy lately, looking at houses and what not. I did finally manage to get Jake down to get us set up with cell phones. He did a great job of picking them out and getting them all set up. We managed a lot better once we figured out we could change the language on the phones. Viola, English makes in so much easier at this point. We got mine all set up first and then Jake started in on his. In doing so he manged to press buttons in the right sequence to call someone. When the voice picked up, Jake's first question was the standard, "Koennen Sie English?" To which the voice replied yes, a little. Jake was trying to explain he called on accident, when the voice announced he had called the police. Jake apologized, but I think he got cut off by the hang up. So life continues for the Americans trying to get it all figured out.
For the next round of prayer requests, please be praying that we can get settled into our new home and that we use it to glorify God and His Kingdom. Please pray specifically for the neighbors we will have in our building that we can be servants and lights to them. Also, pray that our things that we sent from the US will arrive and get through to us with no problems. As always, love to all.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Congratulations!! That is great news!! It was so great to see you guys today and to be able to pray with you. God is good! We love you and miss you and pray for you daily!!

Andrea said...

Congratulations!!!!! Getting settled in and having your own home will feel so good and let you relax to do the others things you need to do. We constantly pray for you!

Ryan and Katie said...

Congrats! I'm glad you have found a place to call home. We are praying for you!--Katie Isenberg

Elizabeth Mullins said...

That is so great! How wonderful to have some walking trails...good workouts are in store you guys...I am sure of it! Miss you!

Heather said...

Yay! I'm so happy to hear that you found a place to live. And seeing you all at MRCC on the screen yesterday was SO COOL! I'm glad I found your blog....can't wait to hear how good God is in Vienna!
love
Heather fowler
thefowlerfive.blogspot.com

April said...

I'm so glad you guys found a place. It sounds really nice!