On Wednesday, Katy and I took the bus and headed to an appointment to speak with the director of the kindergarten she will start attending in September. In Vienna, children start going to kindergarten around age 3 and go until they enter first grade at age 7. So, it is what Americans would consider preschool. This is the same kindergarten that Abby attended near where we live. So, most days Katy and I will ride the bus about 10 minutes, while Jake and Abby drive to Abby's school, about 20 minutes by car.
I'll admit I went back and forth on whether or not to send Katy this fall, but in the end decided the earlier she can be exposed to proper German the better. It is only a half day program so I think I'll survive. Here are a few pics of her playing in the Puppenecke (doll corner). I think she'll be just fine :)


2 comments:
So glad you are blogging again!
I love your blog header. I can't believe how much the girls have grown. And I can't believe Katy is starting school!
Post a Comment