So, yesterday I had the great experience of filing a police report in German. Yep, in German. Here's the quick version: The girls and I were in H&M yesterday checking out the big sale. There were tons of people checking it out with us, mostly moms with kids and strollers. I had picked out a few things and went to the register to pay, but when I opened my diaper bag to grab my wallet it was gone. After frantically searching the store and retracing my steps to the store I admitted defeat and called Jake. He sent me to the closest police station, which just happens to be next to the mall. I no sooner had explained to the police officer why I was there when another woman walked in and told the same story. So, apparently H&M was the hot spot yesterday. Thankfully, no major damage was done, I only lost about 60 euros. The only thing of real value were Abby's little curls from her first haircut. I've been carrying them around for 4 years, it just always made me smile to see them in there. Also, the girls and my residency permit cards were in there. Those will be the biggest pain to replace.
In my heart, I hope whoever felt a need to steal really needed what they found. Maybe it bought some kids a meal or helped pay the rent. At any rate, lessons learned. I'm blessed to have a Father who provides so richly for my needs.
4 comments:
Amanda, that is totally not cool. I don't know that I would be as level headed as you are about it! I guess that's why you teach me so much! Hang in there friend!
Ok! Not nice! The took the precious curls!! Even the 60 euros would be hard for me to get over too but the curls!! They are dirty and rotten!
That just happened to my friend down there....I guess it's the thing right now.
So sorry to hear of the loss of the curls. I left my girls first foot prints at the bottom of a cart at IKEA last week, getting a frame for the picture. Got home and notice it was gone, went back to IKEA and it was gone....cried for days.
Praying the process to get your resident cards are to much of a pain.
Aren't to much of a pain...I meant.
I know I mention this often, but I'd love to meet up with you and the girls. I think Aleia would really enjoy playing with someone who speaks her language....well maybe one day:-) time is not a Mommy's friend.
Post a Comment