Friday, May 22, 2009

Up to the minute, well not really

So, it has been a long time since I posted. Let's see what has been going on around here. Of course, we have all been on baby watch, hoping Sister would make an early debut. No luck, no luck at all. In fact, she is now two days late. We really thought yesterday would be the day she arrived. I was having contractions for the entire morning, but then around noon everything came to a screeching halt. So, instead of sweet baby pics, here a few of the latest happenings.
The only thing we have been waiting for with more anticipation than the baby coming was our residence permits. These are the special little papers/cards that make it legal for us to stay in the country beyond a 3 month period without having to leave. We were denied last year and have been waiting since January this year to find out if we would get them this year. And praise the Lord, we did. A couple of weeks ago we all went down to the proper office to pick them up. We are elated to finally have these. It relieves such a burden mentally and even physically--think big, fat prego woman traveling in the car or train for six hours to get her passport stamped. For anyone interested in all the details, email me and I'll fill you in. For the normal people out there, here are a few pics of our celebrating afterwards. And a few bonus pics of what we have been doing.

We stopped off at Starbucks for a cup of coffee and Abby enjoyed a donut.



Then we had lunch at one of our fav places. If you visit us in Vienna, we will be happy to take you there.


Abby also began riding her bike without training wheels. These are the best pics I have so far.




For Mother's Day we went to one of my favorite Austrian food restaurants. I was so excited to get my Schweinmedallions mit Mozerella und Salami, I didn't take a picture before eating. I didn't get a picture of one of my favorite things in Vienna, an Eiscafe.



And finaly, here is the latest belly pic. It was taken just a few days ago. Yes, I'm huge and am not wearing any make up. You're just lucky I have pants on. Hopefully, in the next day or so, I'll have some really cute new baby pics to post.

5 comments:

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Amanda, you look great! You need to do some squats to get that girl outa there!

Gena said...

Maybe it's time to google 'ways to induce.' Good luck! Praying for you.

Stacey said...

Can't wait to hear of her arrival...also would love to know what your favorite restaurants are, we some how get stuck going to to Ikea for hot dogs or Mcdonalds...and that gets old.

Praying for you all.

Alyssa said...

Can't wait to meet the sister. Surely you will have her before we get to Vienna on June 1! Can't wait to see you all.

Anonymous said...

Amanda, Jake and Abby,
Heard your daughter has arrived healthy and happy! I am so excited for you 4....Enjoy and celebrate....
Beverly