I made strawberry jam with my neighbor this week. Strawberries are in season here right now and they are soooo gooood. I maen I have never tasted such yummy strawberries. Well, with such an abundance of fresh friut it only seemed natural to do some canning. I have made jelly in the past with Jake's mom, but have always been intimitaded to go it alone. A few weeks ago our neighbors had us over to dinner along with another young couple in the building. It was such a nice time, and we felt so honored to be invited into their home. Some how during the course of dinner the subject of jam came up and I commented on how much I enjoyed making jam with my mother in law. So, Christine mentioned she would be making some soon and offered to show me how. I jumped at the chance and finally this week we got together. It was really fun. We talked most of the time in German, she is very patient with me. We laughed and talked and canned. Below are a few pictures of the day.

2 comments:
Looks like fun! You look fabulous! It has been a while since I had seen a picture of you!
That does sound like fun. I think I need to learn how to do that. Did you pick your own strawberries? I did that once and it was lots of fun too!
Post a Comment