Abby enjoying the refreshments.
Monday, August 27, 2007
That time of year again
Well, I thought I could finally escape it. That unmagical time of year that wives loathe and husbands get giddy with excitemnet about. It is, of course, duh, duh, duh...fantasy football draft time. Yes, the nasty beast can reach all the way to Vienna. I am defeated. Now don't get me wrong I enjoy watching Jake's beloved Broncos and the occasional Indianapolis Colts toss the ball around, but the make believe world of fantasy football is a little much. In the past, this has involved my husband fretting and planning and plotting his Sunday morning line up well into Saturday night. Then on Sunday afternoon trying to watch3 games simultaneously and having highlights pulled up on the computer for a couple of other games going on. So to all the wives out there suffering through this agonizing time of year, my prayers are with you. Lord help us all. Below are some pics of the draft party Jake hosted at our place. To the wives of those in attendance I apologize for sending home your husbands full of 3 different kinds of sausage and testosterone.


Abby enjoying the refreshments.
Abby enjoying the refreshments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Perhaps your shame would be less if your husband could pull together a decent fantasy draft?
Sharkdog-
You would know all about shame, wouldn't you? You dirty little dog.
Let's see you do better, wiener dog!
Oh I f your feel you pain. Micah had a 5 hour draft on Saturday. And I think he is even in 2 leagues and will have another one soon. Oh the joys of fantasy football. I think we should get $5 for every hour they dedicate to that. :-)
I am with Tara. We need some compensation for putting up with the "fake football" as I like to put it.
Post a Comment